Friday, August 26, 2011

Woah.

It's already Friday. Holy Crap. School starts this coming Wednesday. Nation's is in 15 Days. Holy SH*T! Hopefully I'm ready for it. I don't think it's gonna be pretty, but I'll get through it. The swim is gonna be the worst.

Speaking of swimming. I haven't really done anything in the pool since I hurt my shoulder. While I was at the beach, I swam. (I'm not sure if you can call that training...) So I decided to get some more lessons to improve my technique. I asked my tri coach and she recommended a swim coach up at AU. She's great. I've had two lessons so far, and I'm planning on having at least 3-4 more. WOOT!

Tuesday, I went for an intense ride with a friend who just graduated. We did the MacArthur loop, and our average moving speed was 18MPH. I'm pretty sure we held 22 for quite a significant portion. After that I had my swim lesson. And then my bike fit! WOOOT. No more shoulder/arm pain!

Yesterday called for another swimming lesson and a practice 10K. The lesson went well. The 10K not so much. I warmed up for about a mile, stretch at the boat house (TBC) and then continued to warm up. I started out at a 9:30, got that down to a 9:10, then an 8:10. I went all out. I was dropping mid 7s splits. I was cruising. Then my calves started killing me. I tried this trick I read about at Erica's blog; count to 100 and if it goes away you're golden and it's your mind playing tricks. It didn't go away. I slowed my pace to 8:40 for the fourth mile. And I just stopped. My legs really hurt. So I just walked back, and my shins still hurt. By the time I was about half a mile from home, my shins were feeling a bit better. Not sure what it was. I probably should have iced it last night. Ugh.

My sister flew in last night from LA. She was visiting our dad. She goes to Columbia, and might be going up today to avoid Irene. Hopefully Irene won't ruin my planned workouts.

Happy training.



No comments:

Post a Comment