Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Wild Thaaang

I've named my bike wild thaaang. Last week was a good training week. Got back into the rhythm of things. The wednesday group run kicked my ass, but it was good. My run splits are dropping, as are my bike splits.


Wild Thaaang and I.


My coach is scolding me for doing too much in the no man's land that is zone 3. Urgh. Whenever I do something, I can't go slower than what i'm used to. I just go to where is comfortable, and try and make it as fast as possible. (hopefully that made some sense.)

My bike baseline test went really well. I jumped from a 18.6 MPH to 20.6 MPH in a little over a month. I felt really good on the test, and probably could have pushed it a bit more. But that's neither here nor there. Another bike issue: I'm starting to get pain in my upper arm, shoulder and upper back because of how far forward the cockpit is. I can't bring it in anymore because I keep hitting the handlebars/my elbows with my knees. Luckily I have a fit appointment tomorrow.

I was supposed to do a baseline run test on sunday, but that didn't happen. I had gone up to my friend's beach house on saturday for his birthday. We didn't really do much drinking, but I had forgotten my running shoes back in DC (intentionally?). His parents left on Sunday, and my friend wanted me to stay longer. I was really anxious to get back to DC to start training some more, albeit he did have a good point that I could swim there (both in a bay and in the ocean!). I ended up leaving yesterday. Partly because of the training, but also because my sister is coming to visit soon.

How I spent my weekend...

Swimming wise. Just some ocean swimming. I'm gonna meet with a swim coach on wednesday, and then again on thursday. I've gotta ramp it up.


My first olympic is right around the corner! AHH. Time to HTFU.

Oh and if this doesn't motivate you, then I don't know what will.



(Via DCRainmaker's Google+ Stream)

2 comments:

  1. sweet video. I need to amp my training up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sure I got it from DCRainmaker's google plus stream...

    ReplyDelete