Saturday, September 10, 2011

Wild Thaang is racked.

And I'm ready. Well as ready as I'll ever be. Tomorrow is my first Olympic. A special Olympic triathlon because it's now a biathlon (not a duathlon); they cancelled the swim because of the disgustingness of the Potomac river. I've rowed when it's been this bad, and let me tell you it's not fun. There are some stories around the boat house of shells finding dead bodies in to Potomac...

The cancelled swim really suits me because the swim was gonna be my downfall.

I have rented Zipp 404s on my bike, and I've been riding them a lot. I really really like them (duh!). Hopefully I'll be able to work something out with my LBS.

I'm not too sure how tomorrow is gonna go, but I'm gonna give it my all (within reason considering I have Savageman next week).

I'm gonna carbo load tonight and eat a lot of pasta. Maybe watch a movie. Or go out for a bit. (Gotta be social.)

I'm planning on being at transition around 5:30 to set up.

My packing list:

- Garbage bags (to put my stuff on, the ground is all muddy)
- Bike Shoes
- Helmet
- 4 Water Bottles (3 for the bike (2 with water, 1 with Nuun) and 1 for transition)
- GU Gels (Chocolate)
- Tape (to tape my GUs to my bike)
- Running Shoes
- Race Belt
- GU for run
- Bandana
- Sunglasses
- Towel
- Sweatshirt
- Sweatpants
- Banana
- Phone w/ Headphones (gotta play some pump up music!)

Is there anything I'm missing?



No comments:

Post a Comment